Friday, July 8, 2022

Decal Frustrations

 So I was able to put the Chapter Badge on the Space Marines in the previous post without too much trouble.  Then I tried to figure out how to print out some decals for the squad markings.  It took me a while to get a good print of the chapter badges.  This was of course among other projects that I was working on during the past couple of months.  Once I was able to do a test run on a dummy shoulder guard, I noticed that even with a good print, the decal looked terrible.  The decal was so thin that it looked like a film on the shoulder guard.  I was thoroughly disappointed at my outcome.  I did find a company that does provide a similar decal sheet that should be professionally done, so I bought that.  Once I get it, since they apparently print them as they get the orders, I will apply them and see how they work.  Hopefully by the end of the summer I will have them and be able to finish the below models.  

On another note, I did some more critical errors on my painting so I have quite a few models in the ole Green Stuff bath. 


No comments:

Post a Comment