Sunday, April 30, 2017

Summer Painting Challenge 2017



So in my infinite wisdom, I have decided to embark on doing something different with my time than the usual, which was to get bored watching Cable TV.  I have decided to cut the cord and do something else with my time.  For the most part, I have been reading books during the weekend and spending a lot of time online.  As the summer is starting to get here in my part of the world, I have decided to do a few things with my spare time.  For starters, I am going to do some more outdoor activities during the daylight hours, and go out a little more at night.  However, I can only do so much of that at one time, and during nice days.

With that in mind, I have decided to get some painting done this summer as well.  My goal is to paint what you see in the above picture before September 1st, to as high of a standard that I can and to include decals and varnish guard.  As you can see most of these items are assembled already, and the first squad is almost done.  Most of these units have not only primer coats on them, but also undercoats painted on using an air-brush.  A few of these do need something like a new head or shoulder guard, but that is not what I consider to be a big issue.  This comes to 81 figures, 7 tanks, and 4 skimmers.  While not pictured, the supplement would be a metal Chaplain, and 4 scout bikes that I have not assembled. 

As I have not done much in the form of painting in quite a while, I would consider this to be ambitious to say the least.  That is where the tactics come in, I will be looking to do painting sessions on a daily basis, likewise we do have a few holiday's coming up as well as a wet weekend to work on these.  Summer time where I live can get very hot during the day, so I will have some time during the afternoon to paint as well, having spent the morning being outside.  I am sure in 120 days we will see if I am crazy like a fox, or just crazy.  I will attempt to send up to date pics as the progress continues every month or so.  We will see if having a challenge will make me pick up the paint brush once again. 








No comments:

Post a Comment