Sunday, September 27, 2026

A Pickup Game of 40K with a classic edition

 Finally got a game in of the 5th edition the other day. I was a 1500 pts battle between my Space Marines and my opponents Gray Knights. His first edition for 40K was 8th so he had zero exposure to the game. 40K is not a game that I have a whole lot of experience compared to Fantasy, and fifth edition was my first edition whit limited games. It took us a while to get through this game, about four hours, and that is all to do with our unfamiliarity of the game and reading through one rule after the next. We started in the below picture and ended coalescing around my objective(but not enough to score for him) in the picture below. We ended on a draw just as much as it is getting late as much as anything else. My opponent does want to do more 5th edition games so we may have a few more pickup games in the future. Also some other folks expressed some interest in older games so I may get some more classic hammer games in the future, maybe a coveted 4th or 3rd edition game under my belt. I am missing the corner where half of his army is at, and I think that he went a little heavy on the terrain, but all around a good game. I did have some proxies as I did not notice until too late that I was missing my Vindicator and Predator.



No comments:

Post a Comment